[Update: 7:05pm] The White Sox have set their rotation. After game 1 starter Javier Vazquez, the Sox will go with Mark Buehrle in game 2, John Danks in game 3 and Gavin Floyd in game 4, if necessary. Also, Carlos Quentin has been left off the White Sox roster.
[Update: 5:47pm] Marc Topkin has the Rays roster for the ALDS. No surprises. With no Percival and only 10 pitchers, both Fernando Perez and Eric Hinske are in, as is David Price.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- Troy Percival is telling the press that he thinks he is not on the roster for the ALDS…This likely means that David Price is in and that both Fernando Perez and Eric Hinske will be on the bench. [Rays Report]
- Joe Maddon is just about set with the game 1 lineup. The only question is whether Carl Crawford will bat 5th or 6th. [MLB]
- The New York Roadkill’s writer over at Bugs and Cranks would rather see the Red Sox win the World Series than the Rays…Based on how well things are going for the Yankees these days, that should be enough to guarantee a world championship for the Rays. [Bugs and Cranks]
I absolutely can’t stomach the thought of a Rays World Series title. To some that sounds like a nice story — perennial floormat turned champion. Not me. The thought of having to put up with the pompous gloating of the Rays and their 12 fans if they do happen to win makes me ill. So, they top this list.
- We all know that a batter can win a free steak if they hit the Bull at Burham Bulls Athletic Park (or a salad if they hit the grass), but did you know that a player won $25 if they hit the bull back in 1910 and that the original bull was a tobacco advertisement? [UNIWATCH]
- Buster Olney lists Edwin Jackson as one of several young pitchers that could be available this off-season…Last month we mentioned that the Rays will almost certainly trade either Andy Sonnanstine or Jackson this winter. [ESPN]
- The Brewers “Ain’t S#!t” compared to the Rays. [Bugs and Cranks]
- Walkoff Walk has up a Tampa Bay Rays playoff preview. [Walkoff Walk]
- 19 ESPN “experts”, and only 1 picked the Rays to win the World Series. [ESPN]