Just a few links to get you through the next couple of hours…Word is there is a light rain at Fenway, but no delay is expected…Anybody else getting that funny feeling that Scott Kazmir is going to pitch a gem tonight?
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA…
- We will be back tonight with another edition of the Rays Index Live Blog-A-Baloo, ALCS-style.
- BJ Upton the next Eric Davis? Outs Per Swing looks at the similarity between the two and gets the opinion of several top baseball writers on the matter…Davis was one of the most exciting players we watched growing up and there are definitely similarities. But Davis got by on pure athleticism at a time when there weren’t a lot of great athletes in the game. Upton is actually a much better hitter but plays in a time when opposing teams have a better idea how to minimize the advantage of physically gifted players. Defensively, they are identical. [Outs Per Swing]
- Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post has a column today about the Rockies decision to pass on Evan Longoria with the 2nd pick of the ’06 draft…We touched on this previously when we learned that the Rays actually had a deal in place prior to the draft with Tim Lincecum. (Thanks Rumpy) [Denver Post]
- We love any and all references to Monty Python and we also love that Boston Dirt Dogs think “real fans” will show up at Fenway tonight…Actually, from the stories we have heard, there will be a significant presence of Rays fans in Fenway tonight. [Boston Dirt Dogs]
- The Guru prescribes cashmere for Scott Kazmir’s woes…Couldn’t hurt. [Her Rays]
- Sarah Palin panders to both Red Sox and Rays fans. [Bugs and Cranks]
- The Phillies are in need of support and they have turned to Sally Struthers. [Bugs and Cranks]
- Desmond Jennings saw his first action in the Arizona Fall League. [Tampa Bay Rays Prospects]