Below you will see two polls that ask about your confidence in the Tampa Bay Rays. We will present these same polls every Tuesday. The results will be presented in graphical form on Thursday, and will be displayed permanently in the sidebar. The goal of the Confidence Graph is to get a feeling of how Rays fans feel about the team and the franchise and track how that level of confidence changes through time.
Raysiverse events of the past week that could impact confidence levels…
- The Rays finished the regular season 97-65 2 games ahead of the Red Sox and 8 games ahead of the Yankees to win their first AL East Championship. They are only the 10th team to improve at least 30 games over the previous season.
- The Rays still do not who they will play in game 1 of the ALDS on Thursday. The White Sox and Twins will play a 1-game playoff tonight.
- Carl Crawford is participating in Instructional League games without pain and could be activated for the postseason roster.
- For the first time in its 3 years of existence, the Rays did not win the David Price Sweepstakes.
- Both Troy Percival and David Price looked solid in their final regular season appearances in a bid for postseason roster spots. Edwin Jackson did not.