Below you will see two polls that ask about your confidence in the Tampa Bay Rays. Please take a moment to answer each question. We will present these same polls every Monday. The results will be presented in graphical form on Wednesday, and will be displayed permanently in the sidebar. The goal of the Confidence Graph is to get a feeling of how Rays fans feel about the team and the franchise and track how that level of confidence changes through time. Thanks!
**WHEN ANSWERING THE POLL ON CONFIDENCE IN THE 2008 RAYS, WE WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH CONFIDENCE YOU HAVE IN NOT JUST WHERE THE TEAM IS HEADED, BUT HOW THE TEAM IS PLAYING RIGHT NOW**
Raysiverse events of the past week that could impact confidence levels…
- The Rays are 93-62, 2.5 games in front of the Red Sox in the AL East with 7 games to play. In the past week, the Rays won 2 of 3 at home against the Red Sox and split 4 games at the Trop with the Twins.
- The Rays clinched at least a wild card berth and the magic number to win the division is 4.
- For the first time, the Rays are not contending for the David Price Sweepstakes.
- BJ Upton is back in the lineup, Troy Percival is in and out and Carl Crawford is itching to play again.
- David Price made his first major league start and looked solid in the no-decision.
- The Rays named their top minor leaguers.
- The Rays clinched the tie-breaker should the Rays and Red Sox finish the regular season tied.