Last week’s Rays Confidence Graph results.
Below you will see two polls that ask about your confidence in the Tampa Bay Rays. Please take a moment to answer each question. We will present these same polls every Monday. The results will be presented in graphical form on Wednesday, and will be displayed permanently in the sidebar. The goal of the Confidence Graph is to get a feeling of how Rays fans feel about the team and the franchise and track how that level of confidence changes through time. Thanks!
**WHEN ANSWERING THE POLL ON CONFIDENCE IN THE 2008 RAYS, WE WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH CONFIDENCE YOU HAVE IN NOT JUST WHERE THE TEAM IS HEADED, BUT HOW THE TEAM IS PLAYING RIGHT NOW**
Raysiverse events of the past week that could impact confidence levels…
- The Rays are 85-56, 1.5 games ahead of the Red Sox in the AL East and one-half game behind the Angels for the best record in baseball. In the past week the Rays lost 2 of 3 to the Yankees and were swept in 3 games in Toronto.
- The Rays magic number to clinch a playoff spot is 13 over the Twins.
- Evan Longoria has been activated but will only be a defensive and pinch-running substitute until Friday…Carl Crawford will likely be available for the same duties the final week of the regular season.
- The Durham Bulls won their first-round match-up and will face the Yankees’ triple-A affiliate in the Governor’s Cup Championship series. Jeff Niemann took a no-hitter into the 8th inning.
- BJ Upton is playing with a torn labrum in his shoulder and will need off-season shoulder surgery.
- Tim Beckham did not play in the final 5 games for Hudson Valley. The official word from the Rays is that the plan was to not play Beckham everyday. Beckham also failed to appear for a scheduled radio interview with Baseball Digest Daily…Somebody want to get Oliver Stone on the phone?