Scranton/WB 8, Durham 7 (Scranton leads 1-0). Scott Dohmann blew a 1-run lead in the bottom of the 9th, allowing the winning run on a 2-out single…David Price worked 6 innings, but left trailing 4-2. He gave up 3 runs in the first inning, with the big blow being a 2-run home run. Price cruised through the middle innings before giving up one more run in the 6th. He was pulled after 6, striking out 9 and walking just 1…Elliot Johnson drove in 2 with a double in the 3rd…The Bulls rallied to take the lead with 5 in the 7th. Rashad Eldridge who was added just prior to the game, drove home 2 in the inning with a double.
NOTES FROM DOWN ON THE FARM…
- In case you missed it late last night, David Price was named USA Today’s Minor League Player of the Year…And with his season complete, if Price is going to be called up, it could happen as early as tonight. [Rays Index]
- If you missed it yesterday, Michel Hernandez and Dan Johnson were promoted to the Rays. Rashad Eldridge and Craig Albernaz were promoted from Montgomery to fill the roster spots. [Rays Index]
- Gaby Martinez will also join the Bulls but will not be activated unless needed. [Biscuits’ Batter]
- Whomever wrote the press release for the above moves may have been a tad upset at the Rays. According to Stacy Long, the release original seemed to take a slight shot at the Rays for taking key members of the Bulls just prior to the Championship series. The press release was subsequently changed and now includes less vitriolic language. [Biscuits’ Batter]
The Original Release: Hours before the first pitch of Game One of the Governors’ Cup Playoffs, the Tampa Bay Rays have taken three of Durham’s key position players.
- The Bulls have set their rotation for the Governor’s Cup Finals. Mitch Talbot will go in game 2 and will be followed by Jeff Niemann and Wade Davis. Of an interesting note is the Yankees game 5 starter…Victor Zambrano. Great googly moogly. [Durham Bulls]