PCL 6, IL 5 (AAA All-Star game). Chris Richard started for the IL at first base and went 0-2 with a strike out…Dale Thayer pitched the 5th inning, allowing no runs on 1 hit and Jeremy Cummings got the call in the 7th inning, also holding the PCL scoreless while striking out 2.
Durham (all-star break)
Montgomery 7, Birmingham 5. Jino Gonzalez got the start in the first game after the SL All-Star break. He gave up 3 runs in 5 innings, including 2 home runs…Rashad Eldridge was 2-5 with a double, 2 RBI and 3 Ks…Rocco Baldelli batted 3rd and DH’d, going 1-3 with a single, a walk and a strike out…JT Hall was 2-3 with his 2nd home run since being promoted to double-A…David Price is expected to start today with Jeremy Hellickson taking the mound tomorrow. In his last outing, Price pitched a shortened 7 inning complete game to improve to 4-0 with Montgomery and 8-0 overall.
Dunedin 1, Vero Beach 0. Heath Rollins didn’t give up a run, but did walk 4 in 6 innings. He struck out 3.
West Virginia 14, Columbus 4. Brian Flores started and Glenn Gibson relieved. Together they gave up 10 runs (7 earned) in 5.2 innings…Mike McCormick drove in 1 run with a single in 3 at bats.
Burlington 7, Princeton 0. Tim Beckham played short and went 1-4. He did start a double-play in his only fielding chance.
NOTES FROM DOWN ON THE FARM…
- Eddie Morlan pitched one inning for the World Team in MLB’s Future’s Game during all-star weekend. [Montgomery Advertiser]
- Wade Davis and John Jaso have been promoted to triple-A Durham, with the Southern League all-star game being their final appearances in double-A. [Montgomery Advertiser]
- Wade Davis and John Jaso have to purchase some new clothes for their new team, and the two have very different tastes when it comes to shopping. [Montgomery Advertiser]
- David Price has moved up to #2 as Baseball America has updated their list of baseball’s top 10 prospects. [Baseball America via The League]
- Rocco Baldelli began his second rehab stint last night for double-A Montgomery. Andrew Friedman said that he is optimistic that Rocco will play for the Rays at some point this season. [Biscuits' Batter]
- Nathan Rode of Baseball America made a trip to watch Tim Beckham play. Maybe he should go more often as Beckham collected his first extra-base hit as a pro. [Baseball America]