Lehigh Valley 4, Durham 2. Jeremy Cummings fell to 7-3 after giving up 4 runs (3 earned) in 6 innings. He struck out 5 and walked none…Calvin Medlock pitched 2 perfect innings of relief…Fernando Perez was 2-4 with 2 strikeouts and stole his 31st and 32nd bases…Justin Ruggiano struck out 3 times finishing 1-4 but added his 19th steal…John Jaso was 3-4 and is now 7-16 (.438) in 4 games since being promoted…Reid Brignac was 0-4 with 2 Ks.
Lakeland 13, Vero Beach 5. Heath Rollins dropped to 5-8, one year after setting the Rays organizatonal record for wins by a pitcher. He gave up 5 runs (4 earned) in 4 innings…Nevin Ashley drove in 2 with a triple…Ryan Royster was 2-5 with an RBI. He is hitting .260 on the year.
Lexington 7, Columbus 4. Brian Flores gave up 2 runs in 5 innings and left with the lead, but the bullpen gave up 5 runs over the next 2 innings…Mike McCormick hit his 7th home run, a 2-run shot in the 2nd inning…Maiko Loyola was 2-4 with a double.
Hudson Valley 7, Aberdeen 5. Jeff Carroll hit his first 2 home runs of the season, a 3-run shot in the 2nd and a solo home run in the 8th.
Princeton 6, Greeneville 4. Tim Beckham DH’d for Princeton and went 0-3 with a walk and a run scored.
NOTES FROM DOWN ON THE FARM…
- The New York Daily News did an in-depth interview with Reid Brignac. Pretty boring kid, outside of his goal for 3,000 hits. [Daily News]
- Matt Walker was suspended for 50 games for testing positive for Amphetamines. Walker, the Rays 10th round pick in 2004, was 4-7 for Vero Beach. [Rays Report]
- Minor League Ball takes a look at their preseason list of the Rays’ top 20 prospects and how each is performing so far this season. [Minor League Ball]
- TopProspectAlert.com updates the Rays Top 10 prospects, with David Price topping the list and Tim Beckham coming in at #2. [TopProspectAlert]
- Drays Bay takes a look at the Rays’ 2008 draftees. [DRays Bay]