THE GOOD: (see “THE TELLING”)
THE BAD: (see “THE TELLING”)
THE TELLING: C’mon people. Think about this for a second. It was Edwin Jackson versus Josh Beckett in Fenway Park. If they played that game 100 times, the Rays would win it 1 time and only because Beckett would be struck by lightning in the first inning and Manny being Manny would accidently hit a 3-run home run for the Rays…Look, it’s not in our nature to be mysterious. But we can’t talk about it and we can’t talk about why.
DEVIL RAYS WEBTOPIA…
- Quick reminder: The Rays Index Live Blog-A-Baloo of the Week will be held tonight right here. And don’t forget the early start time of 6:05.
- Evan Longoria is up for MLB’s Rookie of the Month award and the fans can vote for the award. Go to this link and show your love for Dirtbag. [MLB]
- Don’t forget to VOTE for Carl Crawford to start the all-star game. If you haven’t voted yet today, go NOW! [MLB All-Star Voting]
- Joe Maddon and Coco Crisp got into a heated exchange in the 8th inning after Crisp intentionally slid late on a steal attempt and shoved a forearm into the chest of Aki Iwamura like a little bitch. MLB.comhas video of the slide…Crisp might want to wear a little extra padding on his backside tonight. [MLB]
- Carlos Pena was placed on the 15-day DL with a broken finger. Justin Ruggiano was called up to take his roster spot. [St. Pete Times]
- There is another entry into the Rays Blogosphere, and this one comes from one of our regular commenters, Dirtbagfan. [Rays The Stakes]
- Sorry we missed this one yesterday, but did anybody else notice who gave up only 1 run in 6 innings and beat Randy Johnson two nights ago? Answer: Seth Freakin’ McClung. Sweet Fancy Moses! We sat and stared and tried to wrap our brain around this one for a while. This is more complexing than trying to understand Salma Hayek and Ed Norton as a couple. [Bugs and Cranks]
- Baseball Analysts will be live-blogging the draft. [Baseball Analysts]