THE GOOD: The Rays did not lose their 12th game.
THE BAD: The Rays are still in last place in the AL East.
THE TELLING: The Rays will still be in last place tomorrow.
DEVIL RAYS WEBTOPIA…
- A programming note: The Rays Index Live Blog-A-Baloo will be held tonight at the RAYSHEADS Facebook Group page. [RAYSHEADS Facebook Group]
- Another programming note: We are now running the “Down on the Farm” feature as the first post each day. Call it our calisthenics. So if you missed it, just scroll down a little farther.
- The Rays will be hosting the Jays for the next three days just outside of Orlando at Disney’s Champion Field. The Rays say that the Orlando area is beginning to embrace the Rays. [St. Pete Times]
- The Rays are expected to activate Dioner Navarro in time for tonight’s game with Mike DiFelice being DFA’d to make room. [Rays Report]
- You might be a
redneckRays fan if… [Her Rays]
- Marc Lancaster caught up with Juan Salas who had his first bullpen session yesterday and is at least a week away from seeing live action. [Rays Report]
- Beyond the Boxscore notes that Andy Sonnanstine is not using his fastball nearly as often as he did last year, while he is throwing more cutters and curve balls. [Beyond the Boxscore]
- Elliot Johnson’s home town paper talks to the rookie about his first month in the big leagues. [Eastern Arizona Courier]
- Sabernomics takes a look at the Economics of the Evan Longoria extension. [Sabernomics]
- DRays Bay makes a case for Jason Hammel to keep his spot once Scott Kazmir returns from the DL. [DRays Bay]