Last week’s Rays Confidence Graph results.
Below you will see two polls that ask about your confidence in the Tampa Bay Rays. Please take a moment to answer each question. We will present these same polls every Monday. The results will be presented in graphical form on Wednesday, and will be displayed permanently in the sidebar. The goal of the Confidence Graph is to get a feeling of how Rays fans feel about the team and the franchise and track how that level of confidence changes through time. Thanks!
Raysiverse events of the past week that could impact confidence levels…
- The Tampa Bay Rays are 3-3 after splitting a 2-game set in Baltimore and splitting a 4-game set in Yankee Stadium.
- The Rays are second in the AL with 5.3 runs per game despite only hitting .233 (11th in the AL), and an OBP of .306 (10th in the AL). The Rays do have the 6th best slugging (.393).
- The pitching is indeed better in ’08 but the Rays’ 4.59 ERA is still only better than 2 twos teams. The biggest improvement is in the number of walks. The staff has only given up 13 free passes so far. Only one team in the AL has allowed fewer.
- The Rays already have six players on the DL and Juan Salas on the restricted list.
- Scott Kazmir could make an extended spring training start within a week.
- The Rays gave Dan Wheeler a 3-year deal and he has rewarded the team by not allowing a single base runner in his first 4 appearances.
- March 31, 2008 was Officially declared “Tampa Bay Rays Independence Day“.