The Rays Confidence Graph will appear every Wednesday and is a look at how much confidence Rays fans have in the Tampa Bay Rays. The graph is designed to give us a look at how our emotional bias as Rays fans fluctuates through time. The “confidence” in the team is an inexact measure of how fans feel about the team’s current strength as well as how much confidence fans have in the franchise for the next 3-4 years. Notes on this weeks agida-level can be found after the graph..
- The most common response for “Confidence in 2008 Rays” was 7 (If things break right, they could be in race for playoffs) with 31.0%.
- The most common response for “Confidence in future of franchise” was 8 and 9 equally with 30.3%.
- Confidence in the 2008 Rays ranged from 1 (The Rays will lose 120 games) to 10 (The Rays are built/playing like a World Series contender).
- Confidence in the future ranged from 3-10.
- 33.4% of respondents feel the Rays have a shot at the playoffs in 2008. That number is down from 57.3% a week ago.
- 84.5% of respondents feel the Rays should be at least a .500 team in 2008. Last week that number was 92.1%.