Charlotte 5, Durham 2. Mith Talbot gave up 5 runs in 6 innings.
Montgomery 8, Birmingham 3. Wade Davis held Birmingham to 2 hits and no runs in 7 innings. He struck out 4, walked 1. Thanks to two double plays, he faced 1 over the minimum…Ronnie Merril had 4 hits for the 2nd time in 3 nights.
NOTES FROM DOWN ON THE FARM…
- Eduardo Morlan and Rhyne Hughes went on the DL for Montgomery. Morlan’s injury is significant because now all three of the players received from the Twins for Delmon Young and Brendan Harris have been hampered by injuries in the first month of the season. [Biscuits Batter]
- David Price threw a live bullpen session yesterday but there is still no timetable for his 2008 debut. [The Heater]
- After a slow start, John Jaso is starting to weild a mean stick. He is in at #10 on Baseball America’s “Prospect Hot Sheet”. However, they do note that his time as a catcher may have a shlef-life. So far this season, base stealers are 25-26 against Jaso…Jeremy Hellickson is also mentioned as being just outside the Top 13. [Baseball America]
- Tampa Bay’s Tomorrow takes a look at Jake McGee. [Tampa Bay's Tomorrow]
- Minor League Ball is running a mock draft and the pick for the Rays is Aaron Crow, a pitcher from Missouri. [Minor League Ball]