Notes on the roster can be found after the roster…
- With the addition of Eric Hinske the Rays’ opening day payroll will be just north of $44 million. [See 40-man roster and Payroll]
- The player that has appeared in the most games for the Rays is Carl Crawford with 816 games. The pitcher with the most appearances in a Rays uniform is Edwin Jackson with 74 games. James Shields has the most starts among pitchers with 52. Scott Kazmir who will begin the year on the DL has 98 career appearances and 97 career starts.
- The player that has played in the most major league games is Cliff Floyd with 1,531 career games.
- On the 40-man roster, the Rays have 1 player born in the 60s (Troy Percival), 12 players born in the 70s and 28 players born in the 80s.
- The oldest player on the roster is Troy Percival (38 years, 234 days)
- The youngest player on the 25-man roster is BJ Upton (23 years, 222 days)
- The youngest player on the 40-man roster is David Price (22 years, 217 days)
- The shortest players on the 25-man roster are Nathan Haynes, Akinori Iwamura and Dioner Navarro (5’9″)
- The TALLEST player on the 25-man roster is Jason Hammel (6′ 6″)
- The lightest player listed is Nathan Haynes (170 lbs)
- The heaviest player listed is Troy Percival (240 lbs)
- Of the position players, 6 bat left handed, 4 bat right handed and 3 are switch-hitters.
- Of the position players, 3 throw left handed, 10 throw right handed.
- Of the pitchers, 2 throw left-handed.