Below you will see two polls that ask about your confidence in the Tampa Bay Rays. Please take a moment to answer each question. We will present these same polls every Monday and will update the results in graphical form on Wednesday, which will be displayed permanently in the sidebar. The goal of the Confidence Graph is to get a feeling of how Rays fans feel about the team and the franchise and track how that level of confidence changes through time.
Last week the Rays Confidence Graph saw little change. Raysiverse events of the past week that could impact confidence levels…
- Both Scott Kazmir and BJ Upton expressed their confidence in the 2008 Rays. Kid K even went so far as to utter the P-word…Playoffs, while Upton said “anything is possible”. There appears to be a newfound level of optimism that is being spurred by the Rays off-season moves and a new level of accountability being doled out by Joe Maddon.
- Evan Longoria will be given a chance to earn a spot as the Rays starting third baseman in Spring Training.
- Andy Sonnanstine looks like a lock for the 4th spot in the rotation. But the final spot is up for grabs.
- Gary Glover is almost a lock to be on the opening day roster.
- Joe Maddon says that Shawn Riggans is the favorite to be the backup catcher.
- The team is going to take it “very slowly” with Rocco Baldelli. In years past this might be a concern, but is anybody expecting anything from Rocco in 2008? Won’t any production from Baldelli be gravy for the 2008 Rays?
- Most jobs on the opening day roster are already spoken for.
- One simulation has the Rays winning 89 games.