Tampa Bay Rays (20 days until pitchers and catchers report)
As you may have noticed, we are in the process of playing with the layout and design of this website. Most of the changes will be subtle, so don’t expect any grand redevelopment. Most of the changes will be to the sidebar. For the most part, the site should remain operational during the tune-up but certain features may be hit-or-miss for the next day or two as we try to decide what we like best.
DEVIL RAYS WEBTOPIA…
- This list has not been released yet, and it comes as no surprise, but the Tampa Bay Rays are ranked as the #1 organization by Baseball America. After all, what other organization can boast Brett Grandstrand? [Nationals Farm Authority]
- Baseball America takes a look at the hardest throwing pitchers in the minors, including Jake McGee. [Baseball America]
- Rays Anatomy offers two points of view on Akinori Iwamura and what we can expect from him in 2008. You can read my full comments at the end of the post, but in short, this is a classic example of people depending too much on statistics to evaluate a player. [Rays Anatomy]
- Pinellas County has green-lighted a project to be built similar to the redevelopment proposed for Tropicana Field on a tract of land less than ten miles north of Tropicana Field. The Pinellas County Commissioner is not sure that the county can support the building of both projects. [TBO]
- Carlos Pena returned from the Dominican Republic and passed his physical, which was the only thing holding up his new 3-year $24.125 million contract. [TampaBay.com]