Yankees 7, Devil Rays 3.
Sorry. Just Webtopia today. Feel free to throw poop at us in the comments.
DEVIL RAYS WEBTOPIA…
- BJ Upton will be in the lineup tonight after missing 29 games. [TampaBay.com]
- Marc Lancaster has what he considers the biggest story lines of the second half for the Devil Rays. To which we will add Will Joe Maddon realize that the team is not “moving in the right direction”? [tbo.com]
- Al Reyes threw a bullpen session and it looks like he will rejoin the team on Wednesday when he is eligible to come off the DL. [tbo.com]
- Let’s see. Should the Devil Rays trade Carl Crawford to the Angels for Ervin Santana (5-10, 5.97), Reggie Willits (.312/.408/.368) and some no-name average AA relief pitcher? We know…We know…we are laughing also. Listen people. These trades may work in fantasy baseball, but just because you want to trade away an underachieving pitcher for a superstar, doesn’t mean it is going to happen by just adding in more and more mediocre players to try and “even out the numbers”. Come back to us when you want to include Francisco Rodriguez with Santana. [Halo’s Heaven]
- Tampa Bay Sports Fanatic has a list of changes that the Rays need to make in the second half. [Tampa Bay Sports Fanatic]
- Chris Rahill has his midseason progress report for the Devil Rays. It’s like reading an obituary. [The Sports Network]
- Speaking of midseason progress reports, we wrote one for Sports Projections. It is a little longer than what we usually post on this site, but it is written for the typical non-Devil Rays fan. If you don’t have the time, we will sum it up in two sentences from the article…
We knew the bullpen was going to be a problem before the season began. It was like taking a perfectly good team and smearing it with feces.
- This is just dumb, dumb, dumb, and reading the article took 2 minutes from my life that I will never get back. [TV Squad]