Durham 4, Richmond 1. Jeff Niemann was charged with 1 run in 6.1 innings. He allowed 6 hits and 1 walk while striking out 3 for his 8th win of the year. Niemann did not allow a run in the first 6 innings and was pulled after one out in the 7th inning with the bases loaded. Jason Pridie was 2-4 with two singles. Wes Bankston was 2-4.
Montgomery 7, Mississippi 0. Chris Mason retired the first 10 batters he faced and finished with a complete game 3-hit shutout. He struck out 6 and walked 1 for his 10th win of the year. His ERA now sits at 2.59. Evan Longoria was 3-4 with a double, 3 RBI and 2 runs scored. Reid Brignac was 1-5.
Sarasota 9, Vero Beach 6. Mike Wlodarczyk gave up 6 runs and was pulled after just 2 innings.
Columbus 11, Savannah 1. Heath Rollins gets back to his winning ways after a tough stretch with 6 innings of 1-run ball. He struck out 5 and walked 1 to improve to 7-3. Desmond Jennings was 3-5 to raise his average to .304 and scored 2 runs.
Hudson Valley 5, Brooklyn 1.
Princeton 2, Bristol 1.
NOTES FROM DOWN ON THE FARM…
- With the plights of Rocco Baldelli and Elijah Dukes, the Rays future center fielder could be Fernando Perez. With amazing speed, a .400 OBP and two team MVPs already on his resume, Perez is expected to be added to the Devil Rays 40-man roster this off-season and could be up with the parent club as soon as September of 2008.
- Of course, another center fielder may have something to say about that. Jason Pridie has been promoted to AAA Durham. After struggling in 2006 at AA Montgomery, Pridie is having a very strong 2007, hitting .290 with 16 doubles, 7 triples, 4 home runs and 14 stolen bases.
- On Saturday, Jason Pridie went 1-2 and homered in his AAA debut.
- Jeff Niemann hasn’t shown consistent dominance yet at the AAA level but his numbers are actually much better than we thought. One website ranks his AAA numbers as one of the top-5 pitchers currently in AAA.
- Princeton Rays manager Jamie Nelson is 1 win short of tying current Dodgers manager Grady Little for 20th on the all-time Appalachian League managerial wins list.
- A recap of the Vero Beach Devil Rays first half in which they finished 3rd.