Devil Rays @ White Sox, ppd.
Edwin Jackson was pushed back a few days in the rotation and given an extra bullpen session. The extra session was designed to work on a slight mechanical flaw in Jackson’s motion. After the long layoff Jackson had his best performance of the season. Turns out the mechanical flaw that was allowing so many runs was not enough rain on days that he starts. Who knew?
DEVIL RAYS WEBTOPIA…
- James Shields attributes much of his success this season to a new workout regimen he employed this off-season with his cousin Aaron Rowand of the Phillies.
- Tony Massarotti believes that Major League Baseball needs to take the same position as the NFL has recently and be tougher on players that break the law.
- Martin Fennelly of the Tampa Tribune believes that the Rays need to cut their losses and get rid of Elijah Dukes.
It was time for the Rays to slowly get away from Elijah Dukes even before the screaming revelations of marital bliss by way of alleged death threats…He is a bad scene waiting to happen…He is a runaway train in need of a switchyard…Get him out of here.
- One blogger thinks that Elijah Dukes fits right in with the world of professional athletes.
- Elijah Dukes is no saint and we are just as pissed off as anybody else…but to compare him to OJ Simpson? Now that is a bit of a stretch.