The Devil Rays single-A affiliate, the Vero Beach Devil Rays, will hold the promotion to end all promotions tonight when they host “Awful Night”.
Awful night will contain some of the most awful promotions, music, food, giveaways, and entertainment that you will ever see at a Minor League Baseball game.
The first 500 fans to the park will receive an autographed picture of Groundskeeper Jim. The night will consist of chances to win loads of specialty prizes in the awful raffle. You can visit the various awful display tables that feature awful food tasting, free face painting, caricatures, balloon animals, as well as free haircuts by Shawn the Barber. Fans can also meet and greet Dodgertown work horses Bob and Tom who will be signing autographs throughout the night. After the game, fans can stay for our Awful Fireworks Extravaganza that is sure to light up the sky!
If they really want to have an “Awful Night” there are a few things they should consider adding to the agenda:
- Making Vero Beach using the Tampa Bay Devil Rays middle relievers during the game.
- Make Vince Naimoli honorary team owner and Chuck LaMar the honorary team GM.
- Let BJ Upton play shortstop.
- Use Seth McClung as the starting pitcher.
- Let the Devil Rays heckler be the public address announcer during the game.
VB D-Rays To Host ‘Awful Night’ [MILB.com]]