- Toronto enters this series 1-1 having split two games in Detroit with one game postponed.
- The Rays were 6-12 versus the Jays.
- Tonight’s game is just the 5th sellout in Devil Rays history. Three of the four previous sellouts were home openers (1998, 2004, 2006). The only other sellout was on July 19, 2004 versus the Yankees.
- With a home run tonight, Elijah Dukes would become the first player ever to homer in his first three games.
- Tonight’s starter for the Jays, Gustavo Chacin, was limited to 17 starts in 2006 due to an elbow injury. But that is not nearly as interesting as the fact that he cannot grow hair and the Jays once had “Gustavo Chacin Cologne” night.
- Tomorrow’s starter, Tomo Ohka, was limited to 18 starts in 2006 due to an shoulder injury but has never had a cologne night.
- As of now, tonight’s game is not on Extra Innings.