- The Rays are set to begin another road trip. The Ray have lost 32 of their last 36 on the road since the 2006 all-star break. In fact, last year they recorded the third fewest wins on the road since the inception of the 162-game schedule. If the Rays have any hope of being a competitive team in 2007, they need to learn how to compete in other ballparks.
- The Rangers are 2-4 and 2.5 games back of the first place Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim near Disney Land.
- Edwin Jackson will be making his first start of the season. It will be his first start in almost two weeks. However, he did work a simulated game last Thursday to get some work in.
- Jamey Wright made the rotation for the Rangers as a non-roster invitee in Spring Training and will make his first start tomorrow night.
- Robinson Tejeda is coming off a great start in which he tossed 7 shutout innings against the Red Sox in their home opener on Friday.