- The Rays are set to begin another road trip. The Ray have lost 32 of their last 36 on the road since the 2006 all-star break. In fact, last year they recorded the third fewest wins on the road since the inception of the 162-game schedule. If the Rays have any hope of being a competitive team in 2007, they need to learn how to compete in other ballparks.
- The Rangers are 2-4 and 2.5 games back of the first place Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim near Disney Land.
- Edwin Jackson will be making his first start of the season. It will be his first start in almost two weeks. However, he did work a simulated game last Thursday to get some work in.
- Jamey Wright made the rotation for the Rangers as a non-roster invitee in Spring Training and will make his first start tomorrow night.
- Robinson Tejeda is coming off a great start in which he tossed 7 shutout innings against the Red Sox in their home opener on Friday.
(* stats are from 2006)
Monday, 8:05 et
Devil Rays Edwin Jackson, RHP (*0-0, 5.45)
Texas Brandon McCarthy, RHP (0-1, 4.50)
Wednesday, 8:05 et
Devil Rays Jae Seo, RHP (0-0, 7.11)
Texas Jamey Wright, RHP (*6-10, 5.19)
Thursday, 8:05 et
Devil Rays James Shields, RHP (0-0, 4.05)
Texas Robinson Tejeda, RHP (1-0, 0.00)