- The Twins enter the series with the Rays at 5-3, tied with Detroit for first place of the AL Central. The just concluded a 3-game set with the Evil empire, dropping the first two, but took the final game last night 5-1 behind Russ Ortiz.
- The Rays were 1-6 against the Twins last season.
- The Twinkies shortstop has more errors (4) than hits (1).
- Minnesota has struggled offensively, with only 3 home runs as a team through the first 8 games. Justin Morneau has hit 2 and Torii Hunter has 1.
- The Rays will miss
RussRamon Ortiz this time through who is 2-0 with a 2.80 era, but Friday night marks a stellar match up of two of the best young pitchers in baseball with Johan Santana and Scott Kazmir.
- The Twins are set to unveil their plans for a new stadium to be in use by 2010. The new stadium is not likely to have a roof. That will make for some pleasant games if and when the Twinkies play October baseball.