- The Twins enter the series with the Rays at 5-3, tied with Detroit for first place of the AL Central. The just concluded a 3-game set with the Evil empire, dropping the first two, but took the final game last night 5-1 behind Russ Ortiz.
- The Rays were 1-6 against the Twins last season.
- The Twinkies shortstop has more errors (4) than hits (1).
- Minnesota has struggled offensively, with only 3 home runs as a team through the first 8 games. Justin Morneau has hit 2 and Torii Hunter has 1.
- The Rays will miss
Russ Ramon Ortiz this time through who is 2-0 with a 2.80 era, but Friday night marks a stellar match up of two of the best young pitchers in baseball with Johan Santana and Scott Kazmir.
- The Twins are set to unveil their plans for a new stadium to be in use by 2010. The new stadium is not likely to have a roof. That will make for some pleasant games if and when the Twinkies play October baseball.
Thursday, 8:10 et
Devil Rays Casey Fossum, LHP (0-1, 17.18)
Minnesota Carlos Silva, RHP (0-1, 1.80)
Friday, 8:10 et
Devil Rays Scott Kazmir, LHP (0-1, 6.75)
Minnesota Johan Santana, LHP (2-0, 2.77)
Saturday, 7:10 et
Devil Rays Edwin Jackson, RHP (0-1, 6.35)
Minnesota Sidney Ponson, RHP (0-1, 12.71)
Sunday, 2:10 et
Devil Rays Jae Seo, RHP (0-1, 9.64)
Minnesota Boof Bonser, RHP (0-1, 6.97)