- Game 2 of the 2007 season was rained out yesterday. No makeup date has been scheduled.
- If the game had been played, Jonny Damon would not have been in the lineup. He is suffering from a sore calf, which caused him to be removed from Monday’s opener. In fact, now it looks like he is headed for the DL.
- Four of the Rays minor league affiliates will start today. The starting pitchers are scheduled to be: Jason Hammel (Durham), Chris Seddon (Montgomery), Jake McGee (Vero Beach), Wade Townsend (Columbus). Hammel will be followed at Durham by JP Howell, Jeff Niemann, Andy Sonnanstine and Mitch Talbot.
- The rain-out pushes the rotation back a day which is already on an extra day of rest due to the off-day Tuesday. To compensate, Scott Kazmir will pitch ahead of Edwin Jackson on Sunday, with Jackson going Monday against the Rangers.
- Jorge Cantu’s agent reiterated that the former team MVP has not changed his position and he still wants to be traded.
- Expect the Rays to be even more aggressive on the base paths this season, with as many as four players swiping 25 or more bases. The Rays had three on opening day.
- According to Buster Olney, manager Joe Maddon is giving a Bob Gibson tape to Edwin Jackson, hoping that it will light a competitive fire in the young prospect.
- The state house might have just helped the Rays sign a new middle reliever, by granting the team a $2 million per year tax break.
- Here is your chance to vote for Devil Rays to make it to Cooperstown. Might be their only chance.