- The Rays concluded spring training with an 8-3 win over the Mets at the Trop. It’s too bad that the Rays couldn’t have played the Mets on a day that Scott Kazmir started. It would have been fun to see all the Mets fans at the Trop crying. The Rays finished the Grapefruit League with a 10-19-2 record…not bad considering they started 1-14.
- With Rocco Baldelli limited to DH duty, Elijah Dukes will get the start in CF on opening day.
- While BJ Upton will be the most-days second baseman, Joe Maddon stated that Upton will still see time in center and right field.
- Greg Norton will begin the season on the 15-day DL. Carlos Pena was added to the 40-man roster and will take Norton’s spot on the roster. To make room for Pena, Jon Switzer was moved to the 60-day DL.
- Do the Rays have the best outfield in baseball? That may be a bit premature, but the potential is limitless.
- Don’t forget, tomorrow we will be in heart of the Lion’s Den. We will be in New York City and we will bring you the first ever Devil Rays live game blog. Not from the game, but from the comfort of a couch, a computer, a big TV, and a fridge stocked with beer. So whether you are stuck at work or at home, don’t forget to stop by as the Devil Rays take their first step towards .500 and the 2010 World Series!