|Boston Red Sox||7||4||-||7-3||W3||–|
|Toronto Blue Jays||7||5||0.5||6-4||W1||151|
|New York Yankees||5||6||2.0||4-6||L1||150|
|Tampa Bay Devil Rays||5||8||3.0||3-7||L1||148|
Red Sox 7, Angels 2. The Red Sox played their annual Patriot’s Day
morning noon tilt, and once again the winning time of the marathon was quicker than the game itself. Oh, and Josh Beckett won his third straight start and Pink Hat fans everywhere are already screaming Cy Young. Big Papi hit his 4th home run.
NOTES FROM AROUND THE AL EAST…
- Chase Wright has two starts above A-ball but will make his major league debut at Yankee Stadium tonight. Nothing like just throwing a child in the middle of the lake filled with piranhas to see if they can swim.
- We have all seen the now-famous pizza throwing incident from yesterday’s Red Sox game, but can somebody explain to me why it happened? They were both Sox fans and he kept an Angels player from catching a foul ball. Shouldn’t the guy have bought him a beer instead? Sox Fans *shaking head*.
- The excuses are starting to come already as to why Daisuke Matsuzaka has not thrown two perfect games in his first two starts. Apparently they use a much different ball in Japan.
- Former Devil Rays shortstop Julio Lugo is impressing people in Boston.
- The Jays’ Reed Johnson will be out until at least July after having surgery to repair a herniated disk.
- Not a good week for the Blue Jays as Troy Glaus and BJ Ryan were also placed on the DL.
- Marshall Bradway of RealGM Baseball suggests that the Devil Rays sacrifice long-term success in an effort to field the best possible team now. Hmmm? Not likely to happen.