|Boston Red Sox||6||4||-||6-4||W2||–|
|Toronto Blue Jays||6||5||0.5||5-5||L1||152|
|New York Yankees||5||5||1.0||5-5||W1||152|
|Tampa Bay Devil Rays||4||7||2.5||4-6||L1||150|
Red Sox 8, Angels 0. Curt Schilling pitched 8 shutout innings and now has pitched 14 consecutive scoreless innings. After struggling his first outing of the season against the Royals, Schilling looks to be on top of his game which will go a long ways to getting the Red Sox back to the playoffs. David Ortiz had 4 RBI on 2 hits including his 3rd home run. The win vaults the Sox past the Blue Jays and into first place of the AL East. The Red Sox bullpen pitched 1 shutout inning. *feeling sad*
Orioles 6, Royals 4. The Orioles are getting well at the expense of the Royals, as they have now won 3 straight and have evened their record on the season. A grand slam by Chris Gomez in the 6th gave the O’s the lead and they held on for the win. The O’s bullpen pitched 4 shutout innings. *crying hysterically*
Tigers 10, Blue Jays 7. The Jays bullpen gave up 6 runs in 3.2 innings. We feel better now.
NOTES FROM AROUND THE AL EAST….
- Chien-Ming Wang pitched 5 hitless innings during an extended spring training game against Devil Rays minor leaguers. Wang is on the DL and is expected to make one more rehab start before returning to the Yankees.
- Carl Pavano is the latest Yankee to miss a start due to an injury.
- Kei Igawa and baseball fans in Japan are realizing that Yankees fans can be less than forgiving.
- The Blue Jays called up one of their top prospects, Adam Lind.
- JD Drew is off to a hot start in Boston. That should not be surprising as he has always put up strong numbers when he is healthy. Still, Red Sox fans must cringe every time he runs down a fly ball and every time he starts running out of the batters box.
- Cal Ripken would like to follow in his fathers footsteps and manage after his children have grown.
- The Red Sox had an opportunity to sign Jackie Robinson but racial attitudes in Boston and withing the organization at the time
may have stopped them from doing so.