|Boston Red Sox||10||5||–||8-2||W3||—|
|New York Yankees||8||7||2.0||6-4||L1||146|
|Toronto Blue Jays||8||8||2.5||4-6||L3||145|
|Tampa Bay Devil Rays||6||10||4.5||4-6||L2||143|
Orioles 5, Blue Jays 4. Don’t the O’s know they are not supposed to be winning? Baltimore overcame a 4-2 deficit with 2 runs in the 8th and 1 in the 9th, on a walk-off single by Nick Markakis, his third hit of the game. The O’s are now 2 games over .500 for the first time in 87 years, while the Jays are in full survival mode while BJ Ryan is on the DL. Baltimore has now won 6 of 7.
NOTE FROM AROUND THE AL EAST...
- The Red Sox Times breaks down Curt Schilling’s blog entry following his first start against the Yankees last night.
- Apparently Jonny Damon has a hamstring.
- Joe Torre promised not to use Mo Rivera in the 8th inning this season. Well, that lasted a whole 3 weeks. So, is this the end of the Great Mariano?
- Mariano Rivera may well be the greatest relief pitcher in the history of baseball and has sustained his greatness over 10 years, a t time when relief pitchers rarely have more than one or two dominant seasons.
- BJ Ryan, on the DL with elbow pain, will miss 4-6 weeks.
- Hideki Matsui went 1-3 in his first single-A rehab start with the Tampa Yankees.
- This just in…Red Sox fans are not so classy.
- Jay Payton was activated for the first time this season for Baltimore.