|Boston Red Sox||12||7||-||7-3||L2||–|
|Toronto Blue Jays||10||10||2.5||4-6||W2||141|
|Tampa Bay Devil Rays||9||11||3.5||5-5||W2||140|
|New York Yankees||8||11||4.0||4-6||L5||140|
A’s 4, O’s 2. All four runs by the A’s were scored after the Orioles played hot potato with the baseball. Aubrey Huff hit a triple. Who was playing in the outfield? Stevie Wonder?
NOTES FROM AROUND THE AL EAST...
- Better them than us. The NEW YORK YANKEES ARE IN LAST PLACE.
- Apparently the Rays aren’t the only team with bullpen issues. The Yankees bullpen is in disarray. We have to agree if Joe Torre is already using the Great Mariano in the 8th inning, bringing Andy Pettite out of the bullpen and his main setup man is Kyle Farnsworth, who has the weakest 98 mph fastball in baseball. Oh yeah, and your submarining lefty gives up grand slams to left-handed hitters.
- Derek Jeter was removed from last night’s loss to the Rays with a bruised thigh after being hit by a pitch. He is not expected to miss much time.
- Alex Rodriguez says he wants to stay in New York after this season. We would expect him to say nothing else.
- BJ Ryan is not coming back anytime soon. The Jays moved him to the 60-day DL. Sounds an awful lot like his season is in jeopardy.
- The Orioles lost reliever Scott Williamson to the DL.
- Yet another injury for the Blue Jays. This time it is Greg Zaun headed to the DL. At this rate, Jesse Barfield, Lloyd Moseby and Garth Iorg will be suiting up for the Jays.