- After the Rays 1-0 win over the Jays, the Rays no longer have the worst spring training record. In fact they are now ahead of the White Sox and the Mets. This time it was the pitching staff led by Casey Fossum. The Fossum Flop pitched 5 shutout innings allowing 5 hits and 1 walk to lower his spring ERA to 0.71.
- Joe Maddon confirmed what we already knew by naming the order of his first four starters. The fourth starter Casey Fossum, is ready to unleash his “Fossum Flip” (we prefer Fossum Flop), because as he puts it, “it sort of breaks up the seriousness of a baseball game.” Are people laughing at the pitch? Or the fact that Fossum is the only pitcher in baseball without a fastball? Then again if Fossum was less concerned about breaking up the “seriousness of the game”, maybe his career record would be better than 32-44. Supposedly it is J. P. Howell or Edwin Jackson for the rotation. Is it to late to vote for BOTH?
- Rocco Baldelli was held out of a minor league game he was scheduled to appear in. The hope is that the Boy in the Bubble will feel well enough to play on Friday and Saturday in preparation for opening day.
- Josh Hamilton is going to make the Reds’ 25-man roster, to the surprise of nobody. The only question now is if Hamilton will be one of the Reds’ starting outfielders.
- Evan Longoria homered twice in a AA spring training game.
- The Rays are expected to make another round of roster moves today. Afterwards, we will return with an updated roster projection.