- The Rays lost again. This time to the Pirates 5-2. There were two big story lines. What may be three-fifths of the rotation after the all-star break, Scott Kazmir, Mitch Talbot and Jeff Niemann all struggled and surrendered runs. The other big story was Dioner Navarro who strained a hamstring running the base paths. It doesn’t sound serious but let’s hope that the Curse of Lamar-Naimoli is not rearing its ugly head.
- 22.50…The amount Matt Silverman paid us to blog about the Rays this year? No. Actually it is the ERA for Jeff Ridgway so far.
- Scott Kazmir may be a bit rusty on the mound, but he feels good at the plate. That’s important in the AL.
- Shawn Riggans is beating himself up pretty good in his effort to supplant Josh Paul as the team’s backup catcher. We still say it is a long shot, at best.
- Cubs pitchers issued 10 walks in one game. Afterwards, Rays pitchers sent sympathy cards.
- So if Matt Silverman bought each fan for $535, how much would it cost to fill the Trop? $24,075,000…Or about the same amount as the Rays opening day 40-man payroll.
- Its a good thing Jason Hammel is a professional baseball player. If not, he would be unemployed.
- Now that the Rays are in bed with Bugs Bunny and Co., does this mean that if they ever make a movie about Elijah Dukes life, he will played by the Tasmanian Devil? And who would play Papa Joe Maddon? Elmer Fudd of course.