- Team owner Stuart Sternberg is making a personal appearance at Spring Training. Apparently, The Boss reads five newspapers a day and reads what is written online about the Rays. psst. do you guys think he has been to this site? neither do we.
- Stuart Sternberg is trying to sell the Rays on the other side of the Gulf of Mexico? We don’t think that is going to be very easy.
- Stuart Sternberg the fan would also be hopping mad and understands the desire to have more money spent on the field. Stuart Sternberg the owner say “Hey, we did install a new turf!“…We do agree with Mr. Sternberg that the product on the field is more exciting when it is built from within…if it works.
- The Rays had their first intrasquad game yesterday and B. J. Upton played…right field?
- So, the best thing that Joe Maddon can say about Brendan Harris is that he has “great face”? What does that even mean? Harris better hope that Pappa Joe only wants attractive players sitting next to him on the bench.
- To say that the Rays bullpen has a lot of question marks is an understatement.
- Scott Kazmir learned how to throw a change-up and two days later threw a 2-hit shutout against the Sox. Impressive.
- Five of the Rays have brothers that are also in Major League camps this Spring.
- Want to know how the Rays make so many hot dogs during a game? So does Kobayashi. Come on down to Eckerd College.