- Since the All-Star break *deep breath*, the Rays have the worst ERA in the Majors (7.04) and the highest oponents batting average (.369) having allowed 170 hits in 10 innings pitched. The bullpen has been even worse with a 7.38 ERA and a .380 opponents batting average.
- To make matters worse, the offense is next to last in batting average since the break (.241) ahead of only the L. A. Dodgers.
- Let’s see…hmmmm?…Can’t get the other team out? Can’t score any runs? O right! That is why the team is 3-10 since the break.
- The Yankees lead the season series 6-2 and are 2-1 at Yankee Stadium.
- Pardon us while we go watch the first 45 minutes of Major League and jot down notes of comparison.
Friday, 7:05 et
Devil Rays Tim Corcoran, RHP (4-1, 3.09)
Yankees Chien-Ming Wang, RHP (11-4, 4.01)
Satuday, 4:05 et
Devil Rays Jae Seo, RHP (2-9, 5.71)
Yankees Randy Johnson, LHP (11-8, 4.80)
Sunday, 1:05 et
Devil Rays James Shields, RHP (4-4, 5.46)
Yankees Mike Mussina, RHP (12-3, 3.44)