- This series marks the Devil Rays first ever appearance in Washington D. C.
- The Rays are 34-45, 15.5 games behind the Red Hose and 2.5 games arear of the O’s. They have lost 4 of 6 including a series loss to the Marlins. Tampa is now 10-5 in interleague games heading into their final three games versus a National League opponent.
- The Nationals are 33-47, 15 games behind the New York Mets, in last place of the NL East. They are coming off a series sweep at the hands of the Blue Jays, and have lost 8 of last 9 and 13 of last 16. Washington is 5-10 in interleague games.
- The Devil Rays will be sending three starting pitchers to the mound in this series that were not on the opening day roster.
- If you would like to see a National’s Blogger’s take on Alfonso Soriano playing the outfield, look no further than here. While the National’s have one of the worst teams in baseball, they do have one of the better sports blogs in the Blogosphere. RI hopes to one day grow up to be just like Ball-Wonk.
Friday, 7:05 et
Devil Rays Tim Corcoran, RHP (1-0, 2.16)
Washington Mike O’Connor, LHP (3-4, 3.39)
Saturday, 7:05 et
Devil Rays James Shields, RHP (4-1, 4.37)
Washington Livan Hernandez, RHP (6-8, 5.57)
Sunday, 1:05 et
Devil Rays Jae Seo, RHP (0-0, 0.00)
Washington Ramon Ortiz, RHP (5-5, 5.18)