- The Rays are 4-5 against Toronto this season, including 1-2 in their only series at the Trop.
- Tampa is still last in the majors in hitting, but actually raised their average on their most recent road trip from .234 to .242. The team hit .272 over the 10 games. Toronto leads the majors in hitting (.301).
- The Rays had only 8 stolen bases in their first 20 games. 37 in the 34 games since.
- The Devil Rays’ bullpen is giving up hits to the tune of a .308 average. The AL average is .261.
- Tonight’s starter, Seth McClung, is 1-1 in 2 starts this season against the Blue Jays with a 4.50 ERA. Went 7 innings in both starts.
- Tomorrow’s starter, Mark Hendrickson, 0-2 with a 4.85 ERA in 2 starts against the Jays this season.
- The Blue Jays just came off a series win versus the Red Sox, taking 2 of 3.
- They have scored 5+ runs in 6 of last 7 games.
- Troy Glaus hit 11 home runs in May, the most in the AL.
- Tonight’s starter, Casey Janssen, is 1-1 with a 5.27 ERA versus Tampa.
Friday, 7:15 et
Toronto Casey Janssen, RHP (3-3, 3.25)
Devil Rays Seth McClung, RHP (2-6, 6.13)
Saturday, 7:15 et
Toronto Roy Halladay, RHP (6-1, 2.88)
Devil Rays Mark Hendrickson, LHP (3-5, 3.98)
Sunday, 1:15 et
Toronto Gustavo Chacin, LHP (6-1, 5.11)
Devil Rays Doug Waechter, RHP (0-4, 6.70)