- The Braves have lost 10 straight and are 2-18 in June. They are 30-43, 15.5 games behind the Mets in last place in the NL East. Atlanta is 0-6 in interleague games this season.
- The Devil Rays have won 5 of last 6. Tampa is 32-41, 11.5 games behind the Red Sox and half a game behind the O’s in the Battle For The Basement. Tampa is 8-1 in interleague games this season.
- Key Braves Brian Jordan and John Thompson are on the disabled list and will miss the series
- The Braves bullpen may actually be worse than the Rays. Atlanta has 15 blown saves in 30 opportunities.
- We are worried about the Braves Bloggers. They are suffering thought their worst season since 1990 and things are only getting worse. Of course, it couldn’t be their fault, right?
- Former Devil Ray Jorge Sosa is still listed as the scheduled starter for Sunday, but word in the Blogosphere is that Sosa has just been moved to the bullpen and is likely to be the Braves closer in this series. Sosa leads the league in home runs allowed. It looks like the Sunday start will be made by Chuck James who made 7 appearances out of the bullpen earlier this season and was just recalled from AAA Richmond.
Friday, 7:15 et
Atlanta John Smoltz, RHP (4-5, 3.78)
Devil Rays Casey Fossum, LHP (2-3, 5.45)
Saturday, 7:15 et
Atlanta Lance Cormier, RHP (2-2, 6.57)
Devil Rays Tim Corcoran, RHP (0-0, 2.70)
Sunday, 1:15 et
Atlanta Chuck James, RHP (0-0, 2.38)
Devil Rays Mark Hendrickson, LHP (4-7, 3.75)