- The Rays are batting .199 in their last 24 games and are last in the majors (.230)
- Tampa has scored less than 2 runs in 7 of last 24 games and 3 of last 5. The lack of run production is not a result of failing to drive runners in. Against the Blue Jays, the Rays left 3 runners on base TOTAL in the 3 game series.
- 8-17 since sweeping Kansas City Royals.
- Jonny Gomes is 2nd in the AL with 13 HR.
- Ty Wiggington is 2nd in the majors with 15 game-tying or go-ahead RBI.
- The Rays starting pitchers have the 2nd best ERA in the AL since Mark Hendrickson rejoined the rotation (17 games).
- The bullpen has allowed at least one run in 14 of last 17 games and batters are hitting .314 against them on the season.
- The D-Rays have score 4+ runs in an inning 3 times (last in majors) and have allowed 4+ runs in an inning 17 times (most in the majors).
- D-Rays were 2-4 against the defending world series champs last season.
- Doug Waechter will be skipped in the rotaion this time through so that Kazmir can pitch on his normal 4 days rest. Waechter will be available out of the bullpen.
- Tonight’s starter Scott Kazmir has 3 of Rays’ last 5 wins. Since opening day loss to O’s he is 5-1 with a 2.00 ERA.
- White Sox own the best record in baseball (25-12) but only lead the Tigers by 1 game in AL Central. They have won 11 of 16 and 24 of 32.
- Chicago is led by their starting pitchers who lead the AL in quality starts, innings pitched, 2nd in wins and 3rd in ERA. However, the Rays will miss their top three starters, Mark Buehrle, Jose Contreras and Freddy Garcia. In addition Brandon McCarthy will be making his first start of the season tonight.
- The Sox have the best road record in baseball since the beginngng of the 2005 season.
- Former Devil Ray outfielder is in his first season as a radio broadcaster for the White Sox.
Tuesday, 7:15 et
Chicago Brandon McCarthy, RHP (2-1, 5.21)
Devil Rays Scott Kazmir, LHP (5-2, 2.94)
Wednesday, 7:15 et
Chicago Jon Garland, RHP (2-2, 6.75)
Devil Rays Seth McClung, RHP (2-4, 5.91)
Thursday, 7:15 et
Chicago Javier Vazquez, RHP (4-2, 3.88)
Devil Rays Mark Hendrickson, LHP (2-3, 3.24)