- Julio Lugo and Aubrey Huff return to the lineup tonight. Nick Green has been designated for assignment. Sean Burroughs has been optioned to AAA Durham so that he will have an opportunity to play everyday.
- Dan Miceli was placed on the 15-day DL. The official word is that he has shoulder “impingement”…We think he actually got whiplash from Johnny Damon’s grand slam. He is the 9th D-Ray to spend time on the DL this season. Chad Harville was called up to replace Miceli. He is the 35th different player Tampa has used and the 18th pitcher. Both lead the majors.
- The Rays have only won 4 of their past 16 games, and are batting .194 in their last 11 games.
- The Devil Rays are 6-30 in Oakland and have lost 11 straight. The 6-30 record is their worst at any AL park.
- Tampa faces 3 lefties on this 6-game road trip. The Rays are 0-6 against left-handed starters this season.
- The A’s have won 6 of 7 and are 15-13 overall and 1.5 games behind division leader Texas.
- Oakland has also struggled offensively. They have the fourth lowest runs scored in the AL (124) and they have the lowest batting average in the majors (.230).
- The A’s have 3 players on the DL, all pitchers (Estaban Loaiza, Rich Harden and Jay Witasik). Milton Bradley has missed the last 6 games.
Friday, 10:05 et
Devil Rays Scott Kazmir, LHP (3-2, 3.72)
Oakland Joe Blanton, RHP (3-2, 6.14)
Saturday, 4:05 et
Devil Rays Seth McClung, RHP (1-4, 7.67)
Oakland Barry Zito, LHP (2-2, 4.63)
Sunday, 4:05 et
Devil Rays Mark Hendrickson, LHP (1-2, 2.66)
Oakland Brad Halsey, LHP (1-0, 2.50)